How to Move to the UK
Moving abroad is exciting at the same time it can be a stressful experience. It is important to be prepared if you are relocating to the UK. Here are some must-know tips on how to move to the UK.
Here is a concise yet complete info on what everybody ought to know about Relocating to the UK.
- You need to find out whether you have to pay customs
- Check to see if there are restrictions or quarantine for items you want to move to the UK.
- You need to ensure your belongings are secure.
- Check what packing and delivery is involved on your side.
- Cost is a big factor for moving to the UK.
- Hire an international relocation company
- International moving companies typically take care of any potential issue that may arise.
How Much Does it Cost to Move House UK
Some people move to the UK for work. Others move to be closer to family. Great Britain is the mainland of England, Wales and Scotland, whilst the United Kingdom is including these plus Northern Ireland. How much does it cost to move house UK depends on your purpose.
The probable sighting of a secret world of wizardry certainly encourages many for moving to England. Whatever your reason for moving to the UK our top tip is to be prepared for your move.The more organised you are, the less stressful your move to the UK will be.
Our blog post ‘How to move house without stress’ has some great advice to help you with your move.
If you are planning on moving to London check out our top 15 places to live in London post.
Moving to the UK from the EU
- Our international removal services include all European countries including Scandinavia.
- We are able to offer a direct door to door European service. The same team who load your goods will meet you at your new address.
- We offer packaging services.
- We are fully insured.
- Moving to the UK Checklist
- Visa application
- If you are renting a property check your tenancy agreement to see if your accommodation is furnished or not. So you know if you have to move your furniture to the UK
- National insurance number
- European Health Insurance card
- Register with your local GP - Check to see if you are entitled to free healthcare on the NHS
- Open a bank account
How to Move to the UK from US
The rules change from time to time, as of now, American citizens can reside in the United Kingdom for up to six months without a visa. If you would like to visit more often, you can apply for a Standard Visit Visa of up to 2 years, 5 years or 10 years. More info on how to move from US to UK is below:
- Discover the legal necessities to move to the UK
- Ensure you can manage the cost of living in the UK
- Set up your funds in the UK
- Secure a work and get to job in the UK
- Organise an accommodation to live in the UK
- Confirm your health care is covered in the UK
How To Move To The UK Permanently
Prove you have right of abode in the UK e.g. like a marriage certificate of required lenth, etc. Plan your finances properly. Make a list of your expected outgoings. So you are prepared financially for your move
These will include:
- Council tax
- Utility Bills
- TV licence
- Mobile Phone
- Food shopping
- Travel expenses
- Find a school - if you are moving with your children
- Enjoy your experience in the UK
How Much Do Removals Cost UK
There are many factors that can affect the overall Move. If you're moving to London, the best and formost step would be to obtain a removal quote from local moving companies London UK. As soon as you know your confirm move-in date, Book your removals company London. This is to ensure a stress- free move to the UK - Get in touch with our removal company today!