How To Organise Your Home After A Move
Congratulations on your move. We hope everything went well and you are settling into your new home. We are sharing some tips on how to organise your home after a move.
This blog post will help you with basic unpacking after a move. This year we want you to be mega organised. So have included more tips on how to get organised in your home after using our house removals London service.
- Make sure all your utility suppliers are all set up.
- Set a deadline for when you want to be unpacked by.
- Tools - have scissors ready for cutting tape. And black bags to put your packaging in.
- Make a list of the rooms you have and the furniture/belongings you want to put in them
- Clean your new home. Clean everything from the washing machine to the fridge.
- Decide where your largest pieces of furniture will go. Unpack them first and put them against the wall so you have more space to unpack the smaller objects.
- Unpack your essential kitchen appliances. And perishable foods.
- Unpack your bedding.
- Unpack your daily essentials. Such as toiletries and medicines.
- Unpack your bathroom.
- Unpack your clothes. It is always good to unpack the clothes that will go into your wardrobe first. As they are easy to put away.
- Arrange the cabinets. Unpack your books and electronics that go within your cabinets.
- Unpack your kitchen - firstly unpack your appliances.
- Arrange cupboards. Start with your cutlery and cups. As these are easy to unpack and arrange. The cooker. Arrange your pots and the cutlery you use for cooking near your cooker. For ease put all your detergents in one place.
- Unpack your living room.
Congratulations. You’ve done it!
How To Organise Your Home On A Budget
Moving into a new home is a great opportunity for you to organise your home on a budget.
This video shows you some great ways to get organised.
Organise My House Checklist
Now that you have everything organised. Use our checklist to make sure you keep organised!
- Wash the dishes as you go along
- Wipe down the sink after doing the dishes or loading the dishwasher
- Wipe down the cooker top
- Wipe down all the counters
- Sweep or hoover the floor
- Put everything back that isn’t in it’s the proper place
- Take out what doesn't belong in the kitchen out of the kitchen!
- Mop the floor
- Wipe the cabinets, appliances and kitchen tiles
- Wash the dish rack
- Clean the kitchen bin
- Create a weekly meal plan
- Write a shopping list and go shopping. Stick to your shopping list!
- Clean the inside and outside of the fridge
- Clean the outside of the kitchen cupboards
- De-clutter your cleaning supplies
- Reorganise your pots and pans so they are in the right spots
- Clean out your freezer
- Clean your skirting boards
- Do a monthly freezer check. Use up what you can
- Go through your plastic containers and recycle the ones without lids
- Empty and clean the insides of the utensil drawer
- Clean the stove-hood filter
- Tidy up your dishes, mugs, bowls, plates in your kitchen cabinets and shelves. Remember to get rid of the ones that you don’t use.
- Go through all your cupboards. Throw away any food that is out of date.
- Daily Cleaning
- Wipe the sink
- Swoosh the toilet bowl with a brush
- Wipe the mirror
- Squeegee the shower door
- Spray the entire shower area and curtain shower mist
- Wipe around the tub
- Put items back where they belong - toothpaste, brushes, makeup
- Take items out of the bathroom that don't belong in there
- Scrub the tub
- Scrub the tiles
- Mop the Floor
- Empty the bin and wash out bin
- Wipe down light-switches and doorknobs
- Change towels
- Organise your bathroom cabinets, putting away toiletries
- Seasonal Cleaning
- Take down the shower curtain, then launder it according to the care instructions
Go through your medicine chest and throw away any that are not needed
- Pick up all dirty clothes and put them into the washing basket
- Make the beds
- Hang up clothes. Decide what clothes need to be washed or put away
- Change the bed sheets
- Dust all the surfaces. Including books, electronics, picture frames, windowsills and ledges, and door frames
- Dust or mop the floors or vacuum the carpeting, under the bed
- Empty the bin
- Hang up all laundry
- Wipe the light switches and doorknobs
- Wipe down the skirting boards
- Keep a bag and put any clothes that you don’t need in it to donate
- Go through your wardrobe and give away what you no longer wear
- Strip the bed and flip the mattress
Go through out of season clothing and store them away
- Daily Cleaning
- Puff your sofa cushions and fold throws after
- Wipe the tabletops and cabinets
- Straighten your coffee-table books and magazines
- Put away any CDs and DVDs
- Put remotes back in the basket
- Have a read through the family's schedule
- Open up mail and put any junk in recycling. File any mail you need to keep
- Dust all surfaces
- Dust and mop the floors. Or vacuum the carpet
- Put things back in their proper place
- Vacuum the upholstery
- Wipe down the skirting boards
- Lift big pieces of furniture and vacuum and mop underneath
- Declutter any junk spots
- Wash the insides of the windows
- Take down curtains and wash/dry clean them
- Clean the blinds
- Rearrange your books
- Go through CDs and DVDs you no longer use
We wish you the best in your new home. And hope you keep it organised!
We hope you liked our jaw-dropping tips and tricks on how to start unpacking and organising your home fast after a Move.