Best Guide on Moving House With Your Dog – Pet Relocating Tips and Advice
Moving house is one of the most stressful period. According to statistics and experience, unfortunately dogs feel more stressed out than a human, even if it's the calmest dog in the world. Some may become upset even to the owners, as they have no clue what is going on and why perhaps against their will.
During your move with dog, book a Kennel to ease stress:
1. Dedicate time to helping your dog settle once everything is sorted in your new home.
2. If considering a temporary Kennel, bear in mind that kennels require up to date worming and vaccinations of your dog.
If you prefer keeping your dog with you make sure to:
1. Familiarise yourself with the area and find places to walk your dog
2. Keep your dog in a safe place for him and to prevent damage to your furniture
3. Have one person keep an eye on your dog the entire day
On arrival at your new home with a Dog:
1. Keep your dog secure till you sort out his living space (his bed, favourite toys, his water bowl).
2. Keep the doors/windows in the room closed or locked.
3. Feed him as usual and ensure he is not cold.
4. Take your dog for a walk to make him familiar with the new area
5. Once your house is complete, allow your dog to explore it. If you prefer you can accompany your pet to make him as comfortable as possible in his new home.