How to Declutter Your Home Fast
Clutter is simply anything you’re keeping around your house that doesn’t add value to your life. Decluttering is all about making room in your home for the things that matter.
Thinking of de-cluttering your property, but overwhelmed by the declutter task ahead? Don't worry as here you can find decluttering tips, jaw-dropping tricks and some of the best organizing strategies to help you get through your declutter process. Here are some of the most effective hacks on How to Declutter fast.
How to Clean and Declutter your House Fast
Let’s face it when you are going to move, the last thing that you want to do is take any junk with you. You now know your moving date and you are feeling excited about living in a new home with new beginnings. However, what about all your stuff? You have been meaning to declutter for months to reduce anxiety and stress, but you haven’t had a chance to get around to it. So now you need to put an action plan together and discover best ways on how to declutter your house fast.
Declutter your Home Checklist
Checklists are a great way of making sure you stay focused. They ensure nothing is missed out, and they also make what could seem like a mammoth task manageable. We all know that mess causes stress, taking care of the clutter in your home is important for your wellbeing and here is where our quickest way to declutter tips comes in handy, to to realistically declutter your life checklist.
- Set completion dates for each room. Be sure to pick dates that are realistic so you don’t get frustrated.
- Tackle one room at a time for 20 minutes a day - set a timer. Little and often each day, it will make a big difference in a matter of weeks.
- Make 4 piles - 1 for things you use, 1 for things to throw away, 1 for donating and 1 for things you want to sell.
- Go through the items you have decided to keep if you haven’t used them in the last year give them away! If they are torn, ripped or stained, give them away!
- Place items in the correct bags to throw away or give away and put the bags into your car.
- Take pictures of the items you want to sell and post them online or book a car boot sale.
Bathroom Declutter and Organization
- Organise your toiletries into 2 piles. 1 pile of things you are going to keep and 1 for things to throw. Keep what you use.
- Throw away anything that you don’t use or won’t be using.
- Tackle one cabinet at a time, for 20 minutes a day - set a timer
- Check expiry dates on perishable items in the fridge and cabinets
- Organise kitchen drawers by category
Living Room Declutter
- Recycle magazines
- Organise your books into 3 piles. 1 pile of things you are going to keep and 1 for things you want to donate and 1 for selling.
- Once you have filled the boxes, drop off your books to the charity shop and start selling the others.
- You can sell them on zapper.co.uk will also pay on average £1 for selected books.
- Sort papers into 3 piles: File, To-do and trash. Once you have everything sorted, throw the trash pile into the recycling bin or shred the papers.
- File the papers you need to keep and put your to-do pile in a basket or special file so you can address it when you’ve cleaned up your office space.
- Scan important documents and receipts to make a digital record. Shred and throw away the paper if you don’t need a physical copy
There are a few clear benefits of minimalism, such as less cleaning and stress. The best way to declutter your home fast is, of course, to stick to the checklist above! Something we haven’t mentioned is that you have to focus, focus and focus. Turn off your phone to help you focus. Clear your schedule and your mind! Set your timer and just go for it and when you're ready to make the move, let house removals London experts from our Moving Company London do their job.